Practice stuff II

here some more practice stuff for my Job. If you´re wondering why it isn´t as detailed as the other pictures, In game the portraits are not larger than 500x500 Pixels most of the time they are samller so you can´t see any details anyway.

Weapon Design

Here is something I starded weeks ago but unfortunately I had just the time to finish it that days.
I have used a lot of gradiens and stuff for a realy realistic look.

post add:

some people have been asking me how I create this realistic look so here are so examples how i work.
another question I get asked was how many phototextures I´ve used for this, only one, the little front foot support, the rest is hard work ;)

abandoned American family home

the second test from the Games Academy was to create a old abandoned, overgrown, American family home.
the specifications that were given from Manuel Virks, which by the way is one of the greatest artist and teacher I have ever met, was beside creating a destructed wall to also create vegetation an terrain.
the style should be realistic.
The 3D-Lowpoly-Scene shouldn´t have more than 30.000 triangles.
also we have to create several unique and tileable textures.
that´s the result:


 and here we have the Lowpoly Wireframe Scene in 3dsMax

 that´s a fraction of textures I have created for the scene most of them where created with the
Highpoly lowpoly method but some textures such as the vegetation were just painted

Super Mario Bust

okay guys it´s time to post new stuff!
I have shown nothing since 2 weeks, the reason for this were the tests on the Games Academy.
so here we go: 
the first task was to create a bust of Super Mario . Details could be modified as long as the character stay recognizable. We were not allowed to use more than 6.000 Triangles vor the head and clothes and not more than 4.000 for the hair. rendering in UDK or Cryengine

first I take a half hour and concept my Idea of Mario.
I want him to look like a real realy badass plumber so the first concept fitted immediately and I was happy with the raw sketch

the next step was to translate the 2D concept into a 3D sculpt. the tools I used was 3dsMax vor the blockout and ZBrush fore the sculpting thing .

 After finishing the mario sculpt i take back the whole thing in 3dsMax , create a lopoly , backe normal,world normal, hight, AO and cavity maps and start tu texture Mario
 after Texturing Mario I import everythin in UDK create a SSS Skin Shader, reflection eye shader, clothes shader, bake light map and render it with a default UDK sky light.
and thats the result: